We are seeking a paid research intern for the fall semester to conduct a landscape analysis of work currently being done and policies in place in the Commonwealth to address the long-term needs of homeless families.
The position will be responsible for conducting a literature and policy review regarding policies, proposals and programs currently in place to address the needs of homeless families in Massachusetts. In addition, the researcher will conduct interviews with others serving the needs of our population to document their work areas and to help One Family identify current opportunities for impact in this space. The work product is expected to be an analysis accompanied by a series of recommendations developed in partnership with One Family’s senior staff.
Interest in and knowledge of housing, workforce development and/or homelessness policy a plus.
This position requires 10-15 hours per week, a portion of which can be done remotely. One Family’s offices are located in Waltham, MA. One Family is happy, if appropriate, to work with the selected candidate to receive credit from his or her educational institution. The stipend for the research internship will be $2,500 through Dec. 31st.
Research Intern position description in PDF format
Communications & Social Media Intern
We are seeking a paid intern for the 2016-2017 academic year to work with the Director of Development and Communications to create and implement a comprehensive communications and social media strategy to expand awareness of both One Family, Inc. and today’s crisis in family homelessness in Massachusetts.
The position will be responsible for preparing and organizing content for use in One Family’s routine communications, including outreach to area press and major donors as well as the public interested in our work, on a range of social media platforms. It may also include documenting the stories of the population we serve writing, photographs and video and developing systems to store and archive this material.
This position requires 8-10 hours per week, a portion of which will be done remotely. One Family’s offices are located in Waltham, MA. One Family is happy to work with the selected candidate to meet the requirements of his/her educational institution for internship credit. The stipend for the position is $1,000 per semester.
Communications & Social Media Intern position description in PDF format
College and Career Success Counselor
The College and Career Success Counselor provides a mix of coaching (client-driven, goal-oriented, and forward-thinking) and counselling (providing resources, information and tools that allow for informed decision making) that helps participants in our direct service programs achieve their academic goals, access careers, build assets and move towards economic independence.
- Manage a caseload of adult students.
- Assess participants’ existing skills and credentials.
- Understand the earnings needed to support their family and evaluate family-sustaining careers.
- Identify additional credentials and/or experience needed to enter an appropriate career and the costs associated.
- Develop a comprehensive plan to reach their career goal (including specific institutions, choice of degree or certificate, financing and timeline).
- With support from the Program Coordinator, refine and enhance One Family's existing coaching framework.
- Create and develop workshops and trainings uniquely tailored to participants' academic success, career development, asset development, leadership/civic engagement, and more.
- Collaborate on cross-departmental projects and events, and share program goals and outcomes across the organization via staff trainings.
- Regularly and proactively communicate with all program participants and develop communication standards for participants and alumni.
- Track goals, analyze participant progress, and create reports and dashboards based on progress toward goals.
College and Career Success Counselor position description in PDF format