One Family currently has one position available!
College and Career Success Counselor
The College and Career Success Counselor provides a mix of coaching (client-driven, goal-oriented, and forward-thinking) and counselling (providing resources, information and tools that allow for informed decision making) that helps participants in our direct service programs achieve their academic goals, access careers, build assets and move towards economic independence.
- Manage a caseload of adult students.
- Assess participantsí existing skills and credentials.
- Understand the earnings needed to support their family and evaluate family-sustaining careers.
- Identify additional credentials and/or experience needed to enter an appropriate career and the costs associated.
- Develop a comprehensive plan to reach their career goal (including specific institutions, choice of degree or certificate, financing and timeline).
- With support from the Program Coordinator, refine and enhance One Family's existing coaching framework.
- Create and develop workshops and trainings uniquely tailored to participants' academic success, career development, asset development, leadership/civic engagement, and more.
- Collaborate on cross-departmental projects and events, and share program goals and outcomes across the organization via staff trainings.
- Regularly and proactively communicate with all program participants and develop communication standards for participants and alumni.
- Track goals, analyze participant progress, and create reports and dashboards based on progress toward goals.
Full Position Description and Application Instructions
College and Career Success Counselor position description in PDF format