See below for information about positions currently available at One Family!
One Family, Inc. was founded in 1999 by Paul and Phyllis Fireman and family, with a mission to end family homelessness in Massachusetts. This mission grows out of a core belief that no parent and child should be homeless in this state. Over the past 14 years, One Family Inc. has utilized a dual approach to end family homelessness: improving the current response by government and private agencies to homelessness (Systems Change) and providing a pathway out of poverty through higher education (One Family Scholars).
One Family Scholars is a one-of-a-kind scholarship program that breaks the cycle of poverty by supporting low-income single parents on their journey to economic self-sufficiency through higher education. Unlike traditional scholarship programs that focus solely on tuition, the One Family Scholars program provides flexible college scholarships, supportive programming, and coaching to low-income and formerly homeless single parents, enabling them to earn college degrees, enter professional careers, and build stable and secure futures for their children. We support our Scholars through a network of Community Partners and partnerships with colleges and universities.
Despite the challenges they face, our Scholars exceed the national averages for college retention and completion for all students, regardless of background or economic status. To date over 250 Scholars have earned college degrees through our program, touching the lives of over 600 children who are more likely to graduate college now that they have a parent who is a college graduate.
One Family is seeking a Program Assistant who will provide an exceptional level of support and customer service to our Scholars and Alumni. Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Program Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day communications, operations, and administrative support of the program. This position fulfills a key role on a small, dynamic team and requires outstanding customer service skills, organization, and attention to detail. In addition, the ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who can organize complex, multi-step processes while managing competing priorities.
- Serve as the day-to-day point of contact for One Family Scholars, applicants, alumni, Community Partners, Colleges/Universities, and other external stakeholders.
- Engage the One Family Scholar community through newsletters, surveys, e-mails, phone calls, text messaging, and face-to-face meetings.
- Create content uniquely tailored for One Family’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Work closely with the OFS team to coordinate, help support and implement program components, including logistics for events, scheduling coaching sessions, group workshops, on-campus events, our annual Leadership Retreat, and other programming.
- Provide exceptional levels of customer service to One Family Scholars in order to support their achievement of individual and program goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners, serving as a point of contact to coordinate logistics and delivery of service.
Administration and Data Management
- Track and analyze participant progress and results, produce reports, and provide basic analysis.
- Collect, organize, upload, and archive participant information via Salesforce.com, while adhering to strict confidentiality standards.
- Administer and manage our extensive database of contacts and organizations, which includes data quality analysis, adding and editing contacts, logging correspondence, and providing periodic updates.
- Coordinate meetings and manage the One Family Scholars program calendar.
- Collaborate on cross-departmental projects and events, and share program goals and outcomes across the organization via staff trainings.
- Commitment to One Family’s mission and a passionate belief in the One Family Scholars program model.
- Demonstrated success with project management and program support; proven ability to stay organized and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to interact with and develop rapport with individuals from diverse backgrounds coupled with judgment and empathy.
- Customer service and relationship management experience with a commitment to providing exceptional levels of service to both internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Experience as an effective team member in a small, collegial environment.
- Strong attention to detail and process management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Salesforce.com experience (database administrator experience preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree.
One Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please e-mail a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, both in Word or PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Program Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.